REI..
is my favorite store! I could spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars there and be very very happy. It's the one store in which I like to shop. I'm weird, I hate hate shopping. I think it's mostly due to ... being short and thin. No one makes stuff in my size. It's a conspiracy I think. If I was taller, I'd be good. Stupid short legs. Anyways, back to REI. We went shopping there and bought a Jetboil, new knives, hiking boots for Mister LD2, new backpack for me (wheeee...) - no more overpacking on backpack trips, and a few items for Mister LD2's sister. Hey, it was their yearly sale. It was calling to us - come buy our items! I was dying to get that Jetboil. I think 3 out of 5 of us that go on the yearly Sierra trip have one now. It's just so freakin' easy and light. Also, bought a super sweet (or wicked as my MA relatives would say) dehydrator. I shall make cool dry fruit and sauce for pasta that will be like a fruit rollup. I'm so freakin' curious about the meat drying, we'll see how it goes. I'd like to compare with our friend T. who usually does the dehydrating for the Sierra trips. I have it easy though, only two dinners.
Wish me luck!
Wish me luck!
Labels: backpacking


1 Comments:
You and REI. Crazy girl.
Post a Comment
<< Home