I'm coco for.... Shakespeare!
Year-long Shakespeare festival to be global celebration
I wanna go..... I'm a freak for Shakespeare. Seriously. I have no idea why some people get Shakespeare and others don't. I'm just one that does.. and I'm a huge fan.
I blame Ken Branagh, Emma Thompson, Richard Briers, and others for some of it. I first saw them in Henry V, then Much Ado about Nothing.. and then live on stage in LA - King Lear and A Midsummer Night's Dream.
I can settle by going to Ashland this year maybe.. or just the Old Globe!
I wanna go..... I'm a freak for Shakespeare. Seriously. I have no idea why some people get Shakespeare and others don't. I'm just one that does.. and I'm a huge fan.
I blame Ken Branagh, Emma Thompson, Richard Briers, and others for some of it. I first saw them in Henry V, then Much Ado about Nothing.. and then live on stage in LA - King Lear and A Midsummer Night's Dream.
I can settle by going to Ashland this year maybe.. or just the Old Globe!


2 Comments:
I think I was a little too young to understand Shakes when I began reading the plays.
Taming of the Shrew is by far my favorite of what I was able to digest. It could also be that I remember a very entertaining episode of "Moonlighting" where they re-enacted 'Taming of the Shrew'.
Speaking of Shakespeare stuff, have you seen 'Rosencrans and Guildenstern are dead'?
Highly-highly-highly recommend this one if you haven't seen it yet.
To be honest, I didn't get the first Shakespeare play I read.. I came back in the middle of vacation and the class was in the middle of it. I had no clue what was going on nor cared to.
I didn't get into Shakespeare and plays until about two years later. ...and I have to agree with you about Taming of the Shrew :) I enjoyed it!
have you seen 'Rosencrans and Guildenstern are dead'?
Yes! and it's one of the best ..and fun movies that I've seen of that calibar. I love ..love Gary Oldman in it. I think I found it more humorous too, due to the fact I was in the middle of taking physics when I saw it.
Post a Comment
<< Home