Tuesday, April 11, 2006

weekend came and went..

Welp, we survived the drive to Grants Pass, Oregon and back. It wasn't a bad drive, but to be honest, Mister LD2 (as Sam referred to A.) was too kind to me. He let me sleep most of the way and I only relived him when he needed to catch up on some zzzzz's. We decided to buy an audio book, it's been pretty decent. It lasted the entire trip up and back and then some. We still need to finish it. The wedding was nice, the people were nice, and the scenery was nice. The weather sucked though. I'm getting tired of rain, I know that sounds weak coming from where I am; but I am. I need sunshine, darnit! Anyways, it was a full weekend of meeting new people. We met the groom and his family the night before the wedding. Always nice. It's weird, considering that we just met them and now they're part of the family! If I didn't mention it before, the wedding was A.'s mom's wedding. Otherwise, we would have probably just sent a gift - since the drive is killer for such a short amount of time. But, all went well. We also met up with A's biopop and his wife. That was interesting. I guess they're coming down to Disneyland this coming weekend with all the kids (the eldest is 21 and getting married in May) - so now we get to meet A. and D.'s half brother and sisters. Hopefully that goes well! Hmmm...if you count ALL the siblings, half and step.. you'd get 11 siblings. Wow! But, my new father in law has 6 kids, so that amounts for quite a bit. There's 3 that we really have no contact with (from A.'s biopop) and I'm not sure how much they'd want to stay in contact after they meet us. We shall see. Anyways, I'm babbling - so I'm gonna end this before I just start having run on sentences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home