Thursday, July 19, 2007

Finally!!

I read that Ken Branagh's Hamlet is coming to DVD! Freakin, eh?! I've been dying to buy it, but I'd rather own the DVD version than VHS. That was the best adaptation of Hamlet that I've seen. I've seen it done a lot, I've seen Mel Gibson's Hamlet, Campbell Scott's Hamlet, I've even done some Hamlet scenes in High School and Camp Orbit. But, it was just the entire text and I think that it gives the viewer a broader view of the story than what is shown normally. I liked it. A lot. Anyways, I've been a Ken Branagh fan for awhile, and this was one of his best!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tobiwan said...

I really didn't have any appreciation for him as an actor until I saw him in Dead Again.

Ken Branaugh, I mean.

Props to the guy that got Emma Thompson in the sack.

10:00 AM  
Blogger LD2 said...

I loved.. Ken Branagh and Emma Thompson.. but I loved them from Henry V.

He's good, he's excellent at Shakespeare (check out Much Ado About Nothing - perfect for those two!)... seeing them in person blew my mind away!

Anyways, is that props to Ken or to Greg Wise?

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home