Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I feel blind in my right eye. It's a bit irratating. Hmm, I should go to sleep....

On the other hand, I feel sorta accomplished. This is a little early to say, but I organized my first camping trip. I'm never in this position.. and so far, it's gone successful. Of course, the trip hasn't happened - so it may yet to be fruitful. But, so far so good. It's in Havasupai, AZ. It's AWESOME. I think they have the most incredible waterfalls. But, it's a bit odd scenery. It's hot and deserty, as well as lush and waterfally... If it wasn't so commercial, it'd be even better. Alas. You hike 10 miles to a campground and then dayhike and take pictures to your heart's content. On the other hand, if you're rich and hate camping - there's also a lodge. ... and if you hate hiking, there are horses to ride down. If you hate horses too, then you can fly down in a heliocopter. Really, your options are wide open. It's not quite like hiking Mount Whitney, where only the toughest make it to the top! (just kidding ... Although, you usually only see backpackers or gung ho day hikers up there. If you ever decide to go, I recommend camping just so you don't get altitude sickness. You may still get it, but it won't be as bad. It's almost 15k feet in the air with no trees in sight!)

I wonder if a sierra backpacking trip will occur this year. It's been 4yrs in a row, I'd hate for it to go undone this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I want to go, but I need a horse. No 10 mile walk for me. And I probably need time off from my job. Poop.

7:33 PM  
Blogger LD2 said...

I think we should all go camping ..car camping first :>

If the kid and you and H3.2? (hope I got that one right).. like it.. then we should plan another trip here :>

this has no bathroom, no doors.. oh, I mean.. no real bathrooms and lots of dirt.. so not sure if the kid would like it.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home