Monday, April 21, 2008

Baby stuff

Welp, I had my half way appointment. I swear, these appointments are so short. I was late today, which made me a tad later going into work. I didn't realize that I would have to wait an hour for the blood draw after drinking nice sugary stuff to test for gestational diabetes. It tasted like orange Gatorade .. sorta. You had five minutes to down it and show the empty cup as proof that you didn't really just.. uhm.. not drink it all. Course, if you failed the test; they'd probably just make you do it all over again! Blech. The appointment itself was just hearing the heartbeat (which I can honestly say.. I'll never get sick of hearing) and them telling me that I'll need to count baby kicks soon. I also got another bag of goodies/information. I still need to read the information from the first bag, which they give you when you *first* find out you're pregnant. I procrastinate.

Next steps, I guess are classes and finding the pediatrician....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

That is so crazy. Finding a doc for the babster. It makes it all so real, huh?

7:35 PM  
Blogger LD2 said...

Yeah, I was able to get a recommendation from a co-worker though...

So, I gotta call I guess.

Yeah, just feeling him move and looking at myself in the mirror makes it so real. :P

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home